Friday, December 4, 2009

One million photos of a really great chicken,



and one photo of my strong, beautiful, brilliant suite-mate/bestie Anna:



We often make and eat dinner together (I don't know if anyone's seen this skit, but the resemblance to our relationship is kind of scary...), and the other night we made a roast chicken dinner. I was inspired by Emmy's bacon-apple stuffing, and tried to imitate it.



I used an old baguette, bacon, apple, onion, garlic and rosemary and a little bit of Martinelli's. Before roasting the chicken, I filled the pan to about 1/2 an inch with Martinelli's and kept it covered for the first hour or so it was in the oven.
There's the little guy chillin in the oven. Waiting for the roasting to be over was one of the most frustrating experiences of my life--Every time I bake something, I am reminded painfully of why I never bake.



But it was worth the wait. When I took him outta the oven, there was a good inch of chicken juices (mingling with Martinelli's and bacon grease) bubbling at the bottom of the pan. See those darker patches on both sides of his breast? That's where we stuffed bacon under his skin (Anna's idea). Yeah.



The finished product (buttermilk mashed potatoes a la Anna):



Sexy close-up:

3 comments:

  1. Damn, gurl! You have to make this for the family over break. . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks soooo good. thx for the shout. nothing better than some good stuffing.

    ReplyDelete