Saturday, October 2, 2010

New job!

So I've already talked everyone's ears off about my new job, but just to make it official I thought I should say a little something about it here. Aside from the fact that this is where all my main ladies are with whommmmmm (sorry, mom) I want to share all the good news I ever get, I also thought the new job merited a posting here on account of my boss is a bad-a lady computer scientist.
She is completely brilliant (exhibited by her 1 hour lecture during which she basically explained machine learning to me, and then introduced me to an algorithm she developed that increases accuracy of a commonly used (I think) other algorithm by a ridic amount), and we are still in the honeymoon phase of the job during which she thinks that I am equally brilliant (exhibited by her suggestion that I just brush up on linear algebra just after I'd told her I'd never taken a class on it, and then lending me a copy of her fave text book for the week.) Even though I'm completely overwhelmed in every single class/area of life right now the only thing I want to do is learn more about the project/machine learning so as to impress her when she gets back from presenting a paper next week. Excellent managerial technique? I'd say so.

OH ALSO, I'm going to be a coauthor of a paper in the Machine Learning journal coming out this December!

AND here's a link:

http://www1.ccls.columbia.edu/~cmontel/ci.html

4 comments:

  1. This is so freakin' exciting! I love the sense of purpose you're exuding, and I can't wait for you to represent for the lady computer scientists!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy balls. The only question is, how does she dress? I mean, not that it matters. But hot computer ladiezzz!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's your job to let the world know computer scientists got booby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I left you a cool message. Where is it? Perhaps it was eclipsed by your total coolness.

    ReplyDelete