Wednesday, October 6, 2010

"Werner, the English language is full of a preference of semen to ovaries!"

I don't really know if this article is my favorite. I mean, I feel like we can abstain from praising male genitalia openly for another few years, you know, to balance things out. As a condom advocate, I really didn't like the way it discourages condom use and I felt like it even hints at certain antifeminist or homophobic (more specifically anti lesbian) ideals-- the overarching theme of the article, after all, is that women need men.
I guess it's not the article I'm criticizing, though-- more the research I have a problem with. I mean, I have absolutely no problem with research and it's not like I'm going to disregard legitimate scientific evidence just because I don't like it. Mainly it's annoying when researchers' motives are so blatant. The reader almost imagines a group of science dudes sitting around trying to think of experiments they could conduct that would make women more apt to sleep with them. Male scientists, I'm sorry you can't get any. Please try talking to women with your words, that might work.

No comments:

Post a Comment