Friday, November 27, 2009

It's Me!

Another lady.

To keep on with the metaphor...

Course Objective:
We hope to explore ladies. And food. As they intersect, as they have nothing to do with each other, as they effect our lives, as they are humorous, frustrating, etc.
I from the perspective of a young lady at a lady college, spending my days nested comfortably in a suite with 5 other ladies, which, in turn, is nested comfortably in New York city. A lady who loves food, feminist scholarship, computer science, her 4 little siblings and many many cousins, her 2 little babysittees, trashy magazines and Jennifer Aniston.
Eliza from the perspective of a post-vegan baker who loves writing, God and Goddess, her new red Jeep, and who loves many other things and has many other qualities I am neglecting to mention.

Just so you all know: I just bought a million ingredients for pecan pie because I had ju-ju-ju-ju-just been paid. I was inspired by a surprisingly okay pecan pastry from Starbucks and needed to bring something to a potluck Thanksgiving. The pie was underwhelming, says I. However, now I have buttermilk, flour, pecans, karo syrup, molasses. Not sure what I'm going to do with all of it, but I'm thinking buttermilk pancakes possibly with some sort of pecan-molasses comfort food type syrup.

Now I think Eliza should tell us what she thinks about the Stupak amendment. And I need to do some programming before I fall asleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment